Tuesday, January 27, 2015

An amazing experience

Hi my name is Paula Chaparro Alarcón, I'm from Chile, am 17 years old and I'm staying with the Sternberg family.
When I arrived last Friday I was really excited about meeting Hallie's family and they received me with a nice dinner and lot of love, so I felt welcoming at their house.
On Saturday, in the morning Mrs. Sternberg took Hallie and me to met, Mike the tiger, the pet of LSU, and then we went to a restaurant for lunch and we ordered "PoBoys" a really tasty sandwich I never tried before, on the afternoon we had a bbq at Sternberg family house, with all the chilean students and their host families, we had a great time together, we ate yummy food, we met each other, talked and even learned new dances, we taught the Americans how to dance "cueca" and they taught us how to dance "footloose". We had a lot of fun that day.
The next day I went with Emma's mother and Javiera to the dance convention "Hollywood Vibe" and I had a wonderful time, watching really talented dancers and even I had the opportunity of take a picture with one of my favorite dancers Allison Holker. I'm really thankful Emma and her mom, if they read this... THANKS!!!:)
On Monday we went to the Misisipi bridge to paint some of the pylons of the bridge and then we went to the Rosedown Plantation, there we had the opportunity of walk through a nice place, take photos and also visit a interesting museum.
Tuesday and Wensday we went to school to normal classes, I was following Azha, she is really nice person, she explained to me how the classes work, because the system is different from Chile. I love the classes here I went to ballet, chemistry, spanish and others more.
On Thrusday we went to EHS and then took a bus to LSU, there the student from Lab school joined us, and we had a tour through the most important buildings of LSU. One of the most interesting parts of the tour was the habitat of Mike, the tiger, there we met his veterinarian, and he told us how they take care of Mike. Then we went to the environment and coast department of LSU and we visited some cool labs there (my favorite part of the tour).
After we finished the tour around LSU, we went to the Governor’s Mansion, through this beautiful building we also had a tour, and we buy some ornaments and ate yummy cookies. Then we visited the Capital Building, there we visited to the governor office and other important places inside the building, including the 27th floor, where we could see all Baton Rouge from the top of the building.

So far this trip has been one of the best experience i had in my life, get to know many new people, learn more English, visit so many places and watch a culture completely different from ours from inside is something amazing and rare, I think we are lucky to had this opportunity, and I am sure all the Chileans know that, and we will try to enjoy every moment we spent here.

No comments:

Post a Comment