Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Days in Baton Rouge

Hi everyone. My name is Macarena. I'm one of the teachers in charge of the group of students at Episcopal School. We are all so happy to be here and everyone has been so nice to all of us! I couldn't have been luckier, because Lezlee Flanders is my host (and husband David) and she has been very very nice showing me around the city, taking me out to places, cooking delicious food and taking me everywhere.


 The kids are also doing great. They have visited some places, tried out typical food and yesterday they started school. They said some classes were easier than other ones, but all in all, they have liked the school system here and are happy to be on this program.



On Monday, we went to the BR Wall Project, had lunch at Magnolia Cafe (yes, we tried the alligator bites) and then went to Rosedown Plantation. It was a great day! We are looking forward to tomorrow's LSU and Capital tour, and for Monday's visit to New Orleans. See you all soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment